Sunday, September 19, 2010

Queen of Cakes

So I have this dear friend that my circle calls "Midcentury Morgan," and I am convinced she is a domestic goddess. First of all, she is totally creative and gorgeous, inside and out. Second of all, she is one hell of a host. Her house looks like it could be one of the sets for a Madmen episode, and let me tell you, I miss the daily inspiration I collected from her as a fellow mom when we were Fallbrook troublemakers.
When we moved from San Diego to Seattle, my BFF (Molly) threw me and Chris a farewell party. It was one of those nights that I will never forget--

it was absolutely perfect. To top it all off, Morgan made us a cake. Folks, this was no ordinary cake. To send us off to Seattle in style, she literally built an edible "Space Needle" masterpiece. The cake and icing? Various shades of coffee flavors-- how fitting. Note that the cake was over 3 feet tall.The other image is a little something that she whipped up for her daughter's birthday-- Midcentury Morgan is just that cool. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with her. I'm convinced she should host her own show on the Food Network.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment